Sunday 1 March 2020

Dating Myself

I asked myself out on a date,
And I accepted,
Which pleased me no end.
I thought I would say yes,
But one can never be sure.

It turns out we were similar,
Sharing interests and tastes,
We liked the same food,
Held matching political views.
In fact I began to wonder,
If I was just being agreeable,
In order to get me to like myself.

As the night wore on,
I came to realise,
The conversation, where it existed,
Was utterly predictable.
I had nothing to say,
That I had not already thought of myself.

Back at my front door,
It seemed I was not willing,
To simply say goodnight,
And I felt I had little option,
But to invite myself inside.

Of course we know how that ends,
The sex was average,
Nothing I'm not used to.
And I woke up next morning,
To find myself alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment